Getting advice from your friends who are older than you is valuable than from your friends who are same age with you. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

Living lives, people get advice. Some people might think that getting advice from friends who are older than them because older friends are more experienced. I, however, totally disagree with the statement that getting advice from friends who are older than me is valuable than from friends who are same age with me. Firstly, advices from peers are more up-to-date. Secondly, heart-to-heart conversation is allowed between friends with same age. Most of all, more updated information is obtained from friends with same age. It is commonly observed that older people are not quite that aware of current or present-day issues. To be more specific, back in high school, I was preparing for the TOEFL exam. I thoroughly needed help in searching changed books, as the curriculums have changed. Immediately, I ran to friends who are older than me, which motivates me to search one of the best books among the TOEFL revised edition. Conversely, they were no aware of new version of the TOEFL books, while peers of mine already had the books I needed. Thus, I asked a favor of lending me the books, which cultivated a successful score of the TOEFL test. Friends who are same age with me were more aware of new editions while other friends who are older than me did not know the presence of revised and new edition of the books. Furthermore, advices from peers let people to have heart-to-heart conversation. Sharing a private contents usually occur between familiar or close relationships. To illustrate more specifically, Harvard University conducted a research with 100 workers. All workers suffered from overworks. Conversely, the 80 percent of workers had deep conversation about their minds to the company with friends who are same age with them while other 20 percent of workers went to older people, thinking that they can give more efficient and helpful advices. After 10 months, it turned out that the 20 percent of workers were more stressed out as they got too much lessons and advices rather than consoling them. On the other hand, 80 percent of workers were comforted by sharing their private and honest thoughts to company, which point out about too much workload. To summarize my point, there are no reasons to oppose that getting advice from friends who are same age with me is valuable than from friends who are older than me for two reasons I have mentioned up above.
Submitted by 권수빈 on
What to do next: